Alligator Figurine Safari Woodland Collection
One of the largest reptiles on planet Earth, the alligator is made up of two distinct species, the American and the Chinese alligator. Alligators date back nearly 36 million years, and their relatives first arose during the golden era of the dinosaurs!
- History: Believe it or not, alligators actually have a fairly important economical role in the regions they’re endemic too. Besides being raised commercially for their meat and skin, they’re a large part of the ecotourism industry, especially in the southern United States. Tourists can take swamp tours, also known as swamp safaris, specifically designed to show off these amazing predators.
- Scientific Name: Alligator mississippiensis
- Characteristics: Not only are alligators one of the biggest known reptiles, they also have one of the strongest bites, and can chomp down with a force of over 2000 pounds per square inch! Discover more amazing facts about this specialized and impressive creature with our beautifully painted and realistically crafted Alligator toy figurine.
- Size: At 6 inches long and 3.5 inches wide, both dimensions of this Alligator toy figurine are about an inch larger than soda can on its side.
- The Alligator is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free