Uncle Goose Chinese Blocks Box Set of 32
Choose a few blocks at a time for your toddler and pre-schooler for a Montessori 3-period lesson.
Present the blocks in a basket on an open shelf. “out of sight, out of mind”
Activity ideas with Uncle Goose Chinese blocks
- Have your child close his or her eyes while choosing a random block! Make up a story about the picture on the block.
- Match animal blocks to other animal toys (We also stock the Safari Ltd Toob Zodiac animals in-store, make sure you check it out)
- Math: Arrange in numerical order; practice sequential counting, skip counting by 2s, sort by even and odd numbers
- Culture: Arrange the blocks following the Chinese Zodiac order!
- Build a tower while sorting!
- Writing practice: Trace finger along with Chinese character on the block. Then copy character in a Montessori sensory writing tray
Each block reveals a debossed Mandarin Chinese character representing the word for an animal. On its opposing side, find the same character paired with its English translation. See a hand crafted picture of the animal on yet another side. Also featured: a stroke grid, Mandarin/English numbers; plus a bold Chinoiserie design.
Uncle Goose illustrated each animal with a distinctive brush stroke effect. The refined type is both colorful and traceable. Delight in the bright step-and-repeat patterns.
- 32 - 44mm cubes
- Made using sustainable Midwestern basswood
- Printed with non-toxic, mouth safe inks
- 100% made in the USA
- Ages 2+