Dingo Australian Figurine
A wild canine endemic to many parts of Australia, the dingo generally inhabits grasslands and forests and is thought to have descended from semi-domesticated dogs. Despite the diversity of wildlife across Australia, dingoes are the continent’s largest terrestrial predator.
- History: Interestingly, there’s no consensus regarding what the dingo actually is. It has been referred to as a wolf, dog, dingo, wild dog, and even a feral dog - in fact, researchers and scientists aren’t exactly sure where dingoes even came from. The most popular belief is that they’re the descendants of semi-domesticated dogs, but others suggest that they descended from a now extinct species of Asian wolf.
- Scientific Name: Canis lupus dingo
- Characteristics: Although they’re not generally aggressive, dingoes are probably best studied with our figurine, rather than up close in real life. Individually painted and crafted by professionals, our dingo toy allows you to visit all of the exotic corners of the world from your living room!
- Size: 4 inches long and 2.25 inches tall, our dingo toy statuette is a touch longer than a deck of cards stood on its side.
- This Dingo is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.