Life Cycle of a Honey Bee Montessori Language Figurines Collection 4yrs+
by Safari Ltd
Original price $19.99 - Original price $19.99
$19.99 - $19.99
Current price $19.99
- Hardworking honeybees rapidly transition through their life cycle, with only 21 days from egg to adulthood. Bees in the larval stage are fed by workers, and once they go through metamorphosis and become adults, they join the search for nectar and pollen.
- Scientific Name: Apis mellifera
- Characteristics: Honeybee larvae and pupae, like those of many other insects, are almost unrecognizable compared to adult bees. These realistically sculpted figures allow a peek inside the hive.
- Size and Color: While eggs, larvae, and pupae are almost clear, the honeybee takes on its iconic black and yellow coloration when it emerges from the pupa stage as an adult. This adult figure is 3 inches long, about the length of a computer mouse.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.