Life Cycle of a Butterfly (Monarch) Montessori Language Figurines Collection 4yrs+
- From nearly invisible eggs, tiny striped caterpillars emerge. They begin feeding on the surrounding milkweed leaves immediately, storing food for the transition to come. After two weeks, they form a chrysalis, from which a monarch butterfly emerges after another two weeks.
- Scientific Name: Danaus plexippus
- Characteristics: Thanks to its bright orange and black coloring, the monarch is one of the best-known butterfly species. Its amazing transition is shown in this four-part life cycle.
- Size and Color: The newly emerged caterpillars are black, white, and yellow, a stark contrast with the emerald chrysalis that follows. The finest colors, however, are reserved for the adult monarch butterfly, which is 3 ½ inches from wingtip to wingtip.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Please note that Life Cycle of a Butterfly Specimens Set is sold separately. You can find it here: Life Cycle of a Butterfly Specimens of a Butterfly 4pc for 6yrs+